Investment Due Diligence
A private equity group was considering making a $15-20M capital infusion in a publicly traded, neurological medical device company for studies and commercialization efforts pending FDA approval and providing $10M in expansion capital for a healthcare software company.
Completing due diligence in an expedited time frame on two businesses with operations in the U.S., India and Scotland.
- Conducting market assessment (competitive analysis, market size, growth plans), risk assessment, operational assessment and progress assessment for securing FDA approval
- Analyzing intellectual property strategy, collaborative research & development agreements, regulatory challenges and supplier partnerships
- Reviewing financials, burn rate, projections, assumptions, potential investment structures and needed liquidity
- Developing independent projections
- Assessing management talent and resource plan
- Substantiated support for the investment decision
- Identified profitability enhancement opportunities
- Developed risk mitigation measures